In partnership with the Beyond Group and MDF consortium, a prototype of an integrated ecosystem support system for Youth and Women led MSMEs has been designed and rolled out, as part of UNDP’s “Women and Youth-led MSMEs Drive Green and Inclusive Recovery from COVID-19” program. The rationale of this assignment comes from the fact that MSMEs in Ghana and around the World have been highly impacted during the Covid-19 pandemic, in which rapid response is required to ensure their sustainability and create jobs. The COVID-19 pandemic has affected every facet of the society, where MSMEs were among those negatively impacted especially on sales, revenues and jobs. This assignment aims to understand the nature of the challenges faced by MSMEs ecosystems in peripheral MMDAs in Ghana in order to design a prototype for an integrated support service/program.
The targeted MMDAs in the assignment are the following:
• Ketu South
• Sefwi Wiawso
This assignment includes:
• Mapping the existing ecosystem support for MSMEs and assessment of challenges, needs and opportunities.
• Designing a prototype for an integrated ecosystem support program for MSMEs
• Piloting the prototype in 6 MMDAs and in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders
• Finalizing the design prototype
• Documenting the design process and lessons learned